The causes of TMJ disorder
- Physical injury
- Dental surgery
- Clenching/grinding teeth during sleep
- Autoimmune diseases
- Excessive gum chewing
- Anxiety or stress
Symptoms of TMJ disorder
- Pain in the ear, jaw, face, and neck
- Jaw joint lock
- Pain while chewing
- Tired feeling on the face
- The pain feels like a toothache
- Stiff and sore neck or jaw muscles
- Numbness and tingling in the face
- Clicking or popping sounds in the jaw while opening and closing the mouth
How is TMJ diagnosed?
Treatment for TMJ pain
When you feel moderate pain, then Low-level laser therapy, Radio wave therapy, Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) may aid out.
When the said treatments do not help you out and suffer from severe pain, then surgery is the final option. TMJ Arthroscopy, Open-joint surgery, Corticosteroid Injections, Arthrocentesis, Modified condylotomy are some of the surgical options to eliminate TMJ pain.
Chinthamani Laser Dental clinic, Chennai has been headed by highly experienced dentists from various dentistry disciplines. They provide perfect dental solutions for all dental issues. Their TMJ pain treatment in Chennai is bespoke one. Many patients have been receiving excellent treatment for TMJ disorders.
Mail @ email@example.com