How Flap Surgery Helps
A flap procedure cleans the roots of a tooth and repairs bone damage caused by gum disease. A gum specialist (periodontist) or an oral surgeon often performs the procedure.
Flap Surgery Procedure
- A local anesthesia, sometimes accompanied by oral anti-anxiety medications is given
- Small incision is made to separate the gums from the teeth
- To give access to the roots and the supporting ligament and bone tissue, the Outer gum tissue is gently folded back.
- Inflamed gum tissue removed and tooth roots cleaned
- Proper regeneration of the periodontal ligament can be encouraged by physical and chemical methods and bone defects can be repaired with grafting material
- Finally incision is closed
Post Flap Surgery
Its normal to experience some pain, discomfort or little bleeding after 48 hrs of the procedure. Follow all the home care instructions that your dentist gives you. Some of the general suggestions for fast recovery are,
- Eat soft foods
- Lying flat may prolong bleeding, so prop up your head using pillows
- Careful brushing
- Apply ice or cold pack to reduce pain and discomfort
Perfect Destination for Flap Surgery
Chinthamani Laser Dental Clinic and Implant Center, best Laser dental centre in Chennai, is the safe and correct place for your Flap Surgery in Chennai. Proper diagnosis and surgery will be carried out at affordable cost. Highly skilled and experienced doctors and staff who are dedicated to provide the best quality service to the customers are the main highlight of Chinthamani Dental center.
Visit @ dentalimplantsindia.org